Volunteers Make a Difference
Our clients open their hearts and doors to our compassionate and caring volunteers who provide a meal, daily check and security for both the client and family.
Anyone can volunteer. It just takes a willingness to use your skills to help a good cause.
Everyday, Meals on Wheels’ volunteers deliver more than 1,700 meals providing nutrition and preserving the dignity of those we serve.
We work with each of our volunteers to find the best “match”—a position that addresses the individual’s reasons for wanting to volunteer, and allows Meals on Wheels to expand our meal delivery service we provide to our clients and the community.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Opportunity for community involvement
- Give balance to your life
- Meet new people
- Fulfill goals for personal and professional growth
- Explore career options
- Gain experience and a new skill
- Leadership development
- Annual recognition dinner
- Volunteering helps fulfill school service learning requirement
- It’s personally rewarding
- Helps us keep our expenses low
- Gives you a voice to help educate the community about Senior Hunger
- No experience necessary!
- Must be 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license
- Volunteers will attend orientation and training session before they begin to volunteer at Meals on Wheels.